castleheights.com Forum Index castleheights.com
Castle Heights Military Academy Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PASSING OF COL. J.B. LEFTWICH on 7-6-11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    castleheights.com Forum Index -> Castle Heights Bulletin Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan Hosier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: PASSING OF COL. J.B. LEFTWICH on 7-6-11 Reply with quote

It is with much regret that we inform you of the passing of COL. J.B. LEFTWICH on Wednesday, July 6. We have received the following information on the visitation and funeral service.

Visitation will be at Sellers Funeral Home in Lebanon, Tennessee, Friday evening, July 8, from 5 to 7 p.m. Sellers Funeral Home is located at 313 West Baddour Parkway. Their phone number is 615-444-9393. The funeral service will be held at First United Methodist Church in Lebanon located at 415 West Main Street at 11 a.m. on Saturday, July 9. Visitation at the Church will be from 10:00 a.m. until the time of the service.

Following the services, lunch will be provided at the Church for the family. Col. Leftwich's family requests the attendance of former cadets and faculty at the lunch to share fellowship and many of our favorite stories that we have told over the years. Many of these have revolved around Col. Leftwich and his longtime association with Castle Heights. This would be a good time to visit with the Leftwich family and our fellow Heightsmen.

[/b]
Rick Heydel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: A great man Reply with quote

Col. Leftwich was truly a great man, mentor, teacher, father, and friend. As one of my best friend's father, he knew the careful balance between earning respect and befriending young people. I had the privilege of meeting him in 1964 when I moved to Lebanon and Jack became my first Lebanon friend. I always enjoyed spending nights at the Leftwich house, where I was made to feel welcome by Col. & Mrs. Leftwich.
IMO, his greatest achievement; however, lies in his marriage of 72 years, and the character that is now displayed in his children, and the young men he impacted at CHMA. Rest well in God's presence, Col. Leftwich. Well done, good and faithful servant.
Ed O'Neal 1954

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In recent years whenever my wife and I were in Middle Tennessee, we made it a point to visit Colonel and Mrs. Leftwich. What wonderful people! We always enjoyed talking about world events and, of course, Heights. We will miss him so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    castleheights.com Forum Index -> Castle Heights Bulletin Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: