castleheights.com Forum Index castleheights.com
Castle Heights Military Academy Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Col. J.B. Leftwich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    castleheights.com Forum Index -> Castle Heights Bulletin Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nostalgia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Col. J.B. Leftwich Reply with quote

J.B. Leftwich…Lt. Col…Castle Heights Military Academy…since 1941…

I did not know Lt. Col. Leftwich that well…I was in his geometry class…I found it one of my most enjoyable classes of my 4 years at Heights…Col. Leftwich made it so…

In fact…I am probably the last guy he would expect to write about him…

I did write a bit for the Cavalier…I was one crummy writer…everything got edited…actually rewritten…nevertheless, Col. Leftwich was very kind to me regarding my many shortcomings as a newspaper reporter…

I watched Lt. Col. Leftwich over my years at Heights…sure he didn’t know it…not sure he even knew I was there…but I knew he was there…

I watched him…and I liked everything I saw…everything…here was a calm, dignified, friendly, knowledgeable and impressive example of everything that Castle Heights was all about…everything we might want to be…everything…a right gentleman…

Whilst writing a bit about Capt Todd after his passing, I added some thoughts on some of our faculty…especially Col. Leftwich while he was still with us…

Lt. Colonel J.B. Leftwich…my goodness you did everything…you should have been Mr. Castle Heights…every year…

I am not sure how many read the web site forum these days…I do…

…Thanks to Susan Hosier for keeping us up to date…

Since reading of Lt. Col. J.B. Leftwich’s passing I have thought about him a lot…of course that will fade…but not yet…

We are the last of the Cadets…we are fading…

Nostalgia ‘68
Ed O'Neal 1954

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Col. Leftwich taught me geometry and trigonometry. He was the perfect model of a military school instructor and every class was just what it should have been. I didn't know him personally until I found him on the internet and we began to correspond. We really hit it off. That started a series of visits whenever my wife and I came through Lebanon. Sometimes we went out of our way to go to Lebanon just to see him and Mrs. Leftwich. As I said in another thread, we will miss him greatly. Ed O'Neal, CHMA 1954
Robert Warden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Col Leftwich Reply with quote

Hate to hear about Capt Leftwich, he was quite the mentor, gentelman, and I dare to assume, a friend. He helped me quite a bit with my photography hobby that my love of photography I continue today.

My condolences to his family and fellow cadets of whom Col Leftwich touched or made a impact in their lives as he did mine!

Robert Warden
"72"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    castleheights.com Forum Index -> Castle Heights Bulletin Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: