castleheights.com Forum Index castleheights.com
Castle Heights Military Academy Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death of former CHMA Faculty, Bobby Todd, Sr.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    castleheights.com Forum Index -> Castle Heights Bulletin Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan Hosier

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Death of former CHMA Faculty, Bobby Todd, Sr. Reply with quote

It is with sadness that we report the passing of Bobby Todd, Sr. late last night (Friday, April 30). We received a phone call from Bobby, Jr. this morning. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time, however, Ligon and Bobo in Lebanon will be handling the funeral. When we receive information on visitation, etc., we will post that information.

Please keep Todd's family in your prayers and thoughts during this most difficult time for them.
Susan Hosier

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Funeral information for Bobby Todd, Sr. Reply with quote

Visitation for Bobby Todd, Sr. will be on Sunday, May 2, 2:00 - 6:00 p.m. at Ligon and Bobo Funeral Home, 241 West Main Street, Lebanon, TN. Funeral will be on Monday, May 3 at 1:00 p.m. If anyone would like the home address of the Todd's to send a card and condolences, please send a request by email to shosier@msn.com and their address will be sent to you. The reason being is I have not asked for permission to post their address.
Milo Busnau

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Life, you don't get out of it alive. Reply with quote

CPT\MAJ TODD. English teacher, Third floor Main resident faculty officer. Martial Arts and gun enthusiast. One of his favorite expressions as the bell rang ending class was, "Go forth like great birds of prey in search of knowledge."

Distinctive salute. His hand was parallel to the ground. The upper arm was not 45 degrees. The fingertips broke away from his brow first, as a gate swings, and then he brought down his arm. He always looked down when he saluted. I wonder if he had a little Air Force in him.

He had bad knees or at least one bad knee. I think the right.

His classroom was in Chapel. Second floor. Last door on the right. I believe the NORTHeast corner.

If you were a Yankee the sun did not shine on you. The Southern Cross - Hail.

One night I was standing in the hall beside a large cardboard box. I heard a THURUUP. Looking at the box and about three inches from my knee was a steel dart he shot from his newest toy - a blow gun - cylindrical piece of round aluminum. Luck or just a good shot?

He told me, standing in the Bullard butt hole, I would never make a good XXXXXX. I became good at what he said I wouldn't. It was my profession and many were the rewards.

Stopped by his house in '92. Late afternoon. Nobody home.

We talked by phone, maybe 25 years ago. After the demise of Heights. He was a proud father. Bobby Jr - his pride and joy. The conversation returned to his son, always.

There is a book of TN National Guard officers. Don't know the year published. Pictures him as a shave tail. Armor officer if memory serves.

He had a rep. He was part of what most of us don't understand. Being a faculty officer in a private, boys' military school.

I wonder how the Allman brothers viewed him?

Choppin' Bobby - A true Rebel and his cause was us. Mates - Man the rail! Tip your hats!

Life, you don't get out of it alive.

BTB
Gary Cummings

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Major Todd Reply with quote

Major Todd was a straight up guy. He was one of the teachers that was going to conform you into someone that held your head up, stood up straight, and he expected you to excel in class and in sports. Whether you made it in his group or hated him there was no middle road. He expected perfection and if you weren't there he expected you to trying to get there. That is why it was a military school and when you were finished in his class and had moved up a grade and he saw you in the hall with the back straight setting a good example, he would come up and give you the poke in part of your chest to see if you were working that area in the gym. And when he hit solid and you looked him right in the eye and he would just nod his head and say"thats good, boy" and you said "Yes Sir, it is" and kept on walking and he knew he had done his job right.
Rest easy, Major Todd. Its all steady aim now and shoot straight.
Robert Warden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Major Todd Reply with quote

My first day at summer school at Heights I chanced on being greeted by both a individual that would have such impact upon my life and education and his dog Chopper, which later was informed that he bit, when Maj Todd yelled at me for petting Chopper that I didn't quite hear and replied with a unknowedgeable "HUH" ! Oh my lord, did I ever learn the value of "Yes Sir and No Sir" as well as a simple "Sir" when answering or posing a question to your elders and or cadet of superior rank! Of course a day later I learned it all over with another "huh", one would think I'd had my hearing checked or at least learned the magic word "Sir"!

I had Maj Todd for English and I'm sure he had difficultly correcting and teaching me English. Not only English class but I also was privileged to have lived second floor Gen Robert E Lee dorm during that summer quarter but also took weight lifting under his watchful eye. I saw Maj Todd once jump and grab a barbell of weights that a cadet had tried to lift above his head while losing balance and shake the weights with one hand while telling the cadet not to lift too heavy of weights he couldn't handle saving said cadet from injury and impressed the hadies out of me that I'll never forget.

I'm sure I'd be in trouble with my current writing, such as the too long sentence above. Lol!

I'm glad I was able to enjoy a short visit with Maj Todd homecoming 2009.

I'm sure I'll tell of Maj Todd to all my friends, this one amazing English teacher with the killer dig, Chopper, I had the privilege to fear, respect and recognize the input he had on my life.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Robert Warden
"72"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    castleheights.com Forum Index -> Castle Heights Bulletin Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: