castleheights.com Forum Index castleheights.com
Castle Heights Military Academy Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'rithmetic and The Rutherford Parks Library

Post new topic   Reply to topic    castleheights.com Forum Index -> Castle Heights Bulletin Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nostalgia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: 'rithmetic and The Rutherford Parks Library Reply with quote

Ey, corporal, are ye any good at ‘rithmetic?

Not much, sergeant, I’m afraid …

Well, makes no matter. Ah’ll keep thee right. Now then … how many fellars do you think are in the Alumni Association?

Gosh, I dunno sarn’t … meybee 2,600 … and some of them are women.

An’ how many of them is active alumni corporal?

Meybee 500 sarn’t …

And how many of them is gonna give money to buy that old libary over yonder.

You mean that old building behind the booshes sarn’t?

That’s the very building corporal … take time, now.

Hmmm, I don’t think anybody’s gonna want to buy that old building sarn’t … oh, they may want that fine big ‘un up on the hill there but …

Are ye daft lad … the big ‘un is no for sale … it is already bought and paid for by the village …

I’m talkin’ about the wee building behind the booshes.

Why would anyone want that old building sarn’t?

Iggerant booger … I’ll tell thee … the lads and lassies that went to the school here … they want to buy their old libary.

Why sarn’t?

A ‘cause of their fondness for the old thing … it’s all that’s left … and when they come back to this place …

Who will come back, sarn’t?

The old yins, the cadets, ye idjiet, that’s who … and they will come … come from all over … Tennessee and Kentucky … Mississippi and Georgia and Alabama … and the Carolinas … Chicago and New York … and they’ll come from far away places like California and afarther … meybee even the Central Americas …

… and when these folks get here, with their kin and all, they will have come home … to a home just as much as any was … and they will walk up to this old libary … and they will be sad … and they will be happy … they will sit with her … and they will know her … and, she will know them …

If you say so sarn’t … I’m fascinated … but sarn’t, do you think they can do it?

I dunno lad … this old building’s seen a lot in a hunert years … she’s been the pride of the place … but, she’s had her disappointments too … the last years were the roughest … she’s seen all her mates brought down to rubble ‘cept one … through it all she’s waited quietly … hoping … just meybee … hoping they’d come along … and take her back one day … dunno corporal … she’s a grand old lass … she needs a home … a home that will love her.

Thank you sarn’t …

It was a small school, but there were those who loved her.

Nostalgia '68

Nostalgia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true Sarn’t … about that old Libary … the old cadets really did buy her?

Yes, Corporal, it is true.

And she’ll no go to rubble Sarn’t?

Aye lad, she’s safe now … she’s with her own … them that love her.

I am happy Sarn’t.

So am I Corporal … so am I.

It was a small school, but there were those that loved her.

Nostalgia ‘68
Post new topic   Reply to topic    castleheights.com Forum Index -> Castle Heights Bulletin Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: